How to Update Samsung Galaxy Official Firmware
Samsung Galaxy Firmware Update is an easy process to do not hard as you think, you just need to keep focus on all steps to do it the right way. You should know also that is the Galaxy Firmware Update is our main goal in Yes Android. Samsung Galaxy Official Firmware Update is a very important step for you Smartphone. If you are looking for a simple and step-by-step Tutorial/Guide to help you installing/updating your current official firmware, so i hope to say it will be the good place for that. Here you will find many Official Firmware Update download links with its tutorial. Because of Google Policy I changed the way of writing Tutorials to be one Tutorial for all Firmware Updates, so you will find posts with Official Firmware download links, details, some info about phone, and Tutorial link to help you installing/updating your phone easily. If you faced any kind of problems or want anything, please I will be glad to hear from you in the comments, and I will reply to you as soon as possible to help you.
You should know that there are many types of Firmware updates (It’s extra info for you). Sometimes you get a new update, but you find your current Android version didn’t change. This kind of updates in most times is a Security Updates to fix bugs, errors, and vulnerability. There are another types such as Firmware update like that is what we will talk about in this post which will change your current Android versions.
This Guide will help you to get your new firmware update Automatically or Manually, so don’t worry I will explained all methods here to help you get this update without problems. Also I need to inform you that this Tutorial/Guide will help you in all Android versions, such as Jelly Bean, Kitkat, Lollipop, Marshmallow, or event the old versions of Android OS.
So if you have Samsung Galaxy Smartphone and want to get the latest update for it, you must know that there are several ways to Install Galaxy Firmware Update, these ways that I will explain are, the official methods and the manual method. The manual method is not recommended if you can get this Galaxy Firmware Update with the official methods, so I advise you to use the manual method only when you can’t get this Galaxy Firmware Update with the official methods (Through Samsung Kies or OTA). Now I will help you here to get the update through both ways by following this installation guide to learn How to install this Official Firmware Update on your phone easily.
You can install and update Samsung Galaxy Android Phones by following one of the following methods in our Galaxy Firmware Update Complete Installation Guide. You can choose one method only to Update Galaxy Android Phones, both methods have same result. I always advise you to update your Firmware to fix bugs and Errors. Firmware Update also will increase the performance of your Samsung device and sometimes add some features, so it is recommended for you to update the firmware once it’s available.
Note: Yes Androidteam are not responsible for any damage caused in your device , so be careful please and do that the right way and at your own risk. Also don’t use this Firmware Update with any other model number, the firmware that you have just downloaded is only for the Model number mentioned in the Firmware Post page. Before doing anything please do a Backup for your important data to avoid data loss, also make sure that your device battery is fully charged or 75% at least. See this simple guide to learn How to Backup and Restore your Android Phone or Tablet
Installation Guide for Samsung Galaxy Smartphones Firmware Update
Install/Update Galaxy Smartphones with the official methods (Recommended):
(1) Samsung Kies Update;
Using Samsung Kies to download, install, and update official Galaxy Phone Firmware/Software/ROM:
– Run Kies on your computer and make sure that is your Computer is connected to the Internet.
– Connect your Samsung Galaxy Smartphone to the USB port in your Computer via USB data transfer cable.
-Wait for your device to appear on the upper left side of the window.
– Click on the device name (e.g SM-G530H).
– A new window will appear on the right side of Kies.
– Under the “Firmware Information” tab, see if there are any updates available. If there, you should see the message ‘New Firmware is available‘.
– If you want to install this update on your Galaxy Smartphone, press the ‘Firmware Upgrade‘ button.
– A new window will appear. The process contains more phases: (‘Download’ ‘Upgrade’ ‘Complete’).
– At the end of the installation process your device will reboot. Now you can disconnect the cable from the Computer and your phone.
– Click OK.
– You can verify if you have the Latest Firmware update for Galaxy Android Smartphones by going to Settings > More> About Phone> and you will see another Firmware version name and number.
(2) OTA (Over The Air) Update
Using OTA Method to download, install, and update official Galaxy Phone Firmware/Software/ROM. You can update Galaxy Smartphones Firmware by following these steps:
– Before starting make sure that your device is connected to the Internet through a Wi-Fi network (It’s Recommended to avoid high cost).
– Go to Settings> More> About Phone> Software Updates> and click on ‘Check for updates‘. If there any updates you will have a message says “New Firmware Update Available“.
– Click on download or Update now and after downloading click install to start the Firmware Update installation process.
Install/Update Galaxy Smartphones Firmware with the manual method:
With this method we will install the Latest Official Firmware Update with Odin, so if you want to Install/Update Galaxy Phones Firmware with Odin, follow the following steps carefully. You can watch the Short Video below to learn How to flash any Samsung Firmware with Odin.
(2) Extract the firmware .ZIP file to any place in your Computer with any decompressing software such as 7-Zip, Win Zip or Winrar.
(3) Download Odin 3.10.7 from my post Download Odin Tool for Windows [All Versions].
(4) Extract the Odin .ZIP file also to any place in your computer.
(5) Download and install your Samsung Galaxy Smartphone USB driver. If you are already installed Samsung Kies, then you are already have the Samsung USB drivers, If not go to this page and download the latest USB driver for your Samsung device.
(6) Go to Developer Options in your Samsung Galaxy Phone Settings and switch the developer options button to Activate developer options feature if it’s not activated, then check the USB Debugging Mode option.
Note: Developer Options is hidden by default in some models, so if you can’t see the Developer Options in your device settings, go to Settings> More> About Phone> Press 7 times on Build Number to make Developer Options Visible to you. Now you can enable USB Debugging Mode in Developer Options.
(7) Turn off your phone and now turn it on into the Download Mode. If you don’t know how to enter Download Mode see the following instructions:
-To enter Download Mode press and hold : ” Power + Volume Down + Home Button ” , all at the same time and when you see the warning message release the buttons and press Volume Up button to confirm that you want to enter Download Mode.
(8) Start Odin on your Computer (You Need To Run Odin as Administrator).
(9) Connect your Galaxy Phone to your PC via USB data transfer cable.
(10) You will see in Odin a section called ID:COM (on the left upper side of the window). The blank space under it will turn blue if your device is recognized [If the phone is not recognized make sure you have installed the USB Drivers, see instruction number (5)].
(11) Check “AP / PDA” box, then click on “AP / PDA” and add the .tar.md5 file from the .ZIP extracted folder.
(12) Important!!! Do not place anything under the PIT section and make sure that “Re-partition” is not checked (On the left side you will see Re-partition under the Options tab or on PIT tab in newer versions of Odin).
(13) Make sure that you only checked these options on Odin (Auto Reboot, F. Reset Time), See the image below.
(14) When the .tar.md5 file is loaded you can press Start to begin the Firmware Installation Process.
– If your Galaxy Smartphone have any kind of Custom ROMs installed such as Carbon ROM, Beanstalk ROM, KiquidSmooth ROM, PACman ROM, Omni ROM, Avatar ROM, AOKP ROM, SLIM ROM, ParanoidAndroid ROM, CyanogenMod ROM .. Etc, then it will be replaced by the new stock Firmware/ROM.
– If you have any kind of Custom Recovery such as CWM, TWRP Recovery, then it will be replaced by the new Stock Recovery.
– You will lose your Root, but don’t worry you can Root Galaxy Phone again after Updating the Firmware if the Root files is available for the new Galaxy Phone Firmware.
(15) Don’t move or touch the USB Cable while the Firmware is being flashed.
(16) Finally you will see a message saying PASS!! with a green background as shown in the below image. This means that the Firmware Update is successfully installed. Your device should reboot now and run on the new Firmware.
(17) If your device stuck in bootloop, go into Recovery Mode by pressing and hold ( Volume Up + Home + Power ) buttons all at the same time and choose “Wipe Cache Partition” and then choose “Wipe data/factory reset” and select “Yes delete all user data”, then choose “Reboot system now” and your phone will turn on normally.
Now you should have the latest firmware update through any method that I explained above on this tutorial. If you get confused and want to see simple guide about updating you Galaxy Phone, see the following simple guide (Summary Guide) below. Hope you all to have the latest firmware update for your Galaxy Smartphone.
Official Firmware Update Summary Guide
Firmware Update with the Official Methods:
Through Samsung Kies :
– Run Kies on your computer.
– Connect your Samsung Galaxy Phome to the USB port in your Computer via USB data transfer cable.
– Wait for your device to appear on Kies.
– Click on the device name (e.g SM-J110H).
– Under the “Firmware Information” tab, if there are any updates available, you will see the message ‘New Firmware is available‘.
– Press the ‘Firmware Upgrade‘ button.
Through OTA (Over The Air):
– Connected your phone to the Internet through a Wi-Fi network – go to Settings> More> About Phone> Software Updates and click on ‘Check for updates‘. If there any updates you will have a message says “New Firmware Update Available” click download.
– After downloading click install to start the firmware update installation process.
Firmware Update with the Manual Method (Through Odin):
– Download The Firmware .ZIP file and extract it.
– Download Odin to your PC and extract it.
– Download Samsung USB driver and install it on your PC.
– Enable USB Debugging Mode in Developer Options on your phone.
– Turn off your phone and enter the Download Mode.
– Start Odin on your PC (Run Odin as Administrator).
– Connect your phone to your PC via USB data transfer cable.
– Check “AP / PDA” box and click on “AP / PDA”.
– Add the .tar.md5 file from the .ZIP extracted folder.
– Do not place anything under the PIT section and make sure that “Re-partition” is not checked.
– Make sure that you only checked these options on Odin (Auto Reboot, F. Reset Time).
– Press Start to begin the Firmware Installation Process.
– Don’t move, touch, or disconnect the USB Cable while the Firmware is being flashed.
– Finally you will see a message saying PASS!! with a green background.
– If your device stuck in bootloop, go into Recovery Mode and choose “Wipe data/factory reset” then “Yes delete all user data” and reboot the phone.
It is the End of Samsung Galaxy Smartphones Firmware Installation Guide. I hope that Guide to be helpful. Now it’s your turn, let me know in the comments what is the final result with you?. Don’t Forget to Share this Guide using the Sharing Buttons bellow.